Saturday, March 25, 2006

Amazing!!

Today at work i was bored and idle, so i logged in to some website to look for apartments and then somehow i drifted off and started visiting other websites. Then at some point i needed to know the meaning of a certain word so i googled for an english-finnish dictionary and found like a million dictionaries' websites. It's at that point that i started questioning myself about what i would have done without google ama without internet!It's just amazing how technology has changed our lives in a big big way. Some years ago when i was in primary school, buying or owning a computer sounded like owning an airplane, i had no idea what computers are all about and i didnt even imagine that at some point i would own one and it would be such an important gadget in my life.

The other thing that seems to be just soo important to me is my cell phone, i rarely, if ever leave the house without it, i lock in my keys at times but i can't think of any day i have forgotten my cell phone at home, i keep it in my pocket at all times, even if am not expecting anyone in particular to call me and when its in my bag, i keep checking whether its still on, whether there's network where i am, whether there's any message or missed call. Sometimes i think its an obsession but on the other hand i know am not the only one with the same behaviour. I can't even imagine how the earlier generations survived without the cell phone or the computer!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:24 AM , Blogger Milonare said...

My seven trusted companions:
Who, When, Where, How, Why, What and Google...

I can do and be anything in this world with them!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home