Saturday, March 03, 2007

Thanking the Lord Daily

I have thought of many title's for this blog but i settled for this particular one. First of all because there's so much i am and have to be thankful to God for.
Toward's the end of last year, a few things, both good and bad happened in my life that got me closer to God. I remember i had a small problem and a lady friend of mine in Kenya suggested that i get serious in talking to God, she even offered to pray with me daily about what was bothering me. I started praying daily, at first i found it hard because i felt a lot of guilt within me. I was thinking, aki what will i start telling God after being so unprayerful and then wanting to talk to him just coz i had this problem. With time i picked up momentum and i got comfortable praying..and praying real hard. Within a few days i started taking joy in talking to God, i started feeling much at ease and i even started looking forward to the next time i'd be praying-i had particular times for my prayers and during those times i'd even switch off my phone and just pray. Even i was surprised at how pleasant and comforting it turned out to be and with time i felt my burdens slowly lift off my shoulders, i started feeling at peace and i enjoyed every moment of it.
From then on i learnt that there truly is God, he cares, he listens, is willing to help and with him nothing is impossible.
I decided to keep praying and asking for help and guidance from above and i still do that upto today and i also decided that even when i dont have problems to pray about, i have to make it a habit to thank God for everything in my life. That's how i ended my 2006 and started my 2007.

I feel that there's so much to be thankful to God for that at times i get overwhelmed. Am not driving the biggest or the best car, i dont own a multi million mansion, i dont dine like a queen and i dont have the best paying job i could ever find but i still have a lot of things to be thankful to God for. Like my lovely family who are simply the bomb, my tiny car, my tiny apartment, my simple job that i sometimes hate but which pays my bills, feeds and clothes me and a lot of other things. God is great and he surely is Lord in my life and am not ashamed to say that. I have seen him work in mysterious ways and i've seen him answer my prayers, i have felt his warm comforting hands around me during the trying times and i know he has great things in store for me and for these and so much more am thanking him daily.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM , Blogger Kenyananalyst said...

Nice blog. Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home